September 11, 2011

Plastic Egg Birds {Craft and Game}


These little birds were inspired by these that I saw at lets go fly a kite, who in turn had seen them at Busy Bee Kids Crafts.
(What a super website by the way.
Be sure to check it out for some really nice, cute kids' crafts.)


I decided to add a bit of a game to them that would be both educational and fun. I told Little One that the mommy bird is fetching worms for her hungry chicks. Can you see how hungry they are? She comes back with some colourful worms and her little chicks gobble them up. One little chick only eats one and then his tummy is full...another little chick eats two...and so on.

For the nest, I covered a plastic bowl in some green paper and then added the strips. To get your chicks to stand up in the nest, cut a toilet roll into smaller rings and rest the eggs in the rings. It works perfectly.

Till next time...

PS. Linking this to Show and Tell @ ABC and 123

5 comments:

Jess at Thula jewellery said...

so cute!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Your birdies turned out adorable!! I so love the addition of the pipe cleaner worm, it is precious. You have beautiful and heartwarming blog. I am hoping to go to South Africa next year for my 40th birthday.

Km said...

Precious!!!! I love that little worm!

Our Creative Day said...

Adorable!!!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

so cute & I love the worm idea too!!!

would love to invite you to link this up to the Sunday Showcase - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Bern

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...