October 24, 2011

Can Critters



We had some friends over for a morning and we made these cute can critters. I had been collecting the tins for awhile, so there was quite a nice stash. I had planned to give the children some paper and markers to decorate them, but then remembered that I had a whole container of vinyl off-cuts. I'm so glad that I did, because it was so easy and less time consuming to cut and stick the vinyl on to the cans. Even I joined in.

After the creating, we lined them all up along the wall and we had a tossing game - who could knock over the most critters. Another big hit with the kiddos, keeping them busy for quite some time.



I can highly recommend this as an activity - from start to finish they had a blast!

PS. Sharing this at
Show and Tell @ ABC and 123

8 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

So cute!! I love the cat!

Kerri

KMC said...

This is a darling idea...and when they are all done the cans can be tossed right back into the recycling. Love it!

Joyfulmama said...

What a super fun craft, and I think the vinyl is a great idea! My favourite is the masked super-hero doggie!!

Chels said...

Super creative and fun! I love that it was an activity with friends too!

Katherine said...

Sensational! Adorable! Cute as can be! Such a wonderful activity because kids can get creative and then active!

Unknown said...

You are so amazingly creative! These are awesome! Sharing on my Facebook page.

Carrie said...

Those are adorable!! I would love you to share at my link party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/10/sharing-saturday-3.html. Thank you!

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

I love this activity. I've been on the lookout for fun activities to do with tin cans and this is great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...