April 22, 2012

Earth Day Craft



I am an honest gal! And honestly, I had never heard of Earth Day until I started blogging. This year when I noticed all the Earth Day crafts, I decided to put on one of my favourite caps...the research one...and find out a little more about it. So here's what I found out:

Earth Day is a day on which events are held worldwide to increase awareness and appreciation of the earth's natural environment. Many communities around the world celebrate Earth Week, an entire week of activities focused on environmental issues. Earth Day is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and is celebrated in more than 175 countries every year. The origin of this day is credited to Gaylord Nelson, a former U.S. Senator, who after witnessing the devastation of the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara, California, called for an environmental  teach-in  on 22 April 1970. In 2009, the United Nations designated April 22 International Mother Earth Day and it is planned for this date in all years through till 2015.(Reference: Wikipedia)

If you have been reading for awhile, you will know that I like, no make that love bottle tops, and have shared quite a few bottle top crafts here at Love and Lollipops. So to celebrate Earth Day and in the spirit of recycling and looking after our beautiful planet, here's another bottle top craft for you :).

Till next time...happy recycling!

PS. Sharing this at:

5 comments:

km said...

This is just so PRECIOUS!! I want to make one RIGHT NOW! You are the QUEEEN of bottle top FUN. I don't remember celebrating Earth Day when I was young... but it sure is a wonderful holiday to help us remember this BEAUTIFUL place God gave us. xoxoxo

Unknown said...

This is soooo darling! I am a follower of your blog but haven't been here in awhile. I'm kicking myself about it because you always cease to amaze in all your creations! I've got to start collecting bottle caps, that for sure!

I'm going to pin this to my Earth Day Pinterest Board. I love it!

mermaid said...

I also didn`t know anything about Earth Day until last year when I saw Earth Day crafts :)

I love your bottle top crafts. I`ve planned to make your little animals and birds and fish but haven`t got round it yet. And I LOVE this bottle top craft as well!!

Kristi McInerney said...

your blog is awesome I am a new follower from the hop and I can't wait to check out your pinterest boards too!!

keeping up with kristi

Chels said...

This is a fun craft in honor of Earth Day! Such a cute design!

Do you go to the store intentionally looking for drinks to buy with colorful bottle caps? ☺ We mainly have blue from our milk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...